Sunday, March 22, 2015

No More Sorcery!

I took care of ulcers with cabbage juice, aloe vera, and cayenne pepper.  I'd struggled with ulcers for years and years, and I felt convicted to stop taking pharmaceuticals for chronic conditions.  I was on a number of prescriptions due to MS and ulcers.  Back then the treatment plan for MS was basically various pharmaceuticals to address symptoms, so there were a number of prescriptions.  Obviously, there is still no cure for MS, but I knew I could address the ulcer problem.  Rather than just kill the acid production in my stomach, which I knew would eventually result in more problems, I wanted the ulcers healed.
Mainstream treatment for chronic conditions

I needed a natural remedy or change of diet.  Within three weeks of the concoction in the previous paragraph, my ulcers were gone.  That was back in the day before prilosec was OTC and I never filled the "prilosec prescription."  I did not receive a momentary instant healing, but the symptoms never returned.  MS symptoms and management have proven much more difficult than ulcers.  As a matter of fact, although I did away with symptom managing prescriptions, I did use mainstream medicine in two isolated MS exacerbations before simply stating "No More Sorcery."

That's what I want to discuss, and this article will not address congenital issues or accidents.  This is for adults making decisions about our own health.   While we claim to believe our Creator heals, and proclaim that His Son brought salvation, deliverance, and healing to all who will believe, most are walking in various levels of health issues and/or pain.  With the exception of accidents, most of our maladies didn't come upon us overnight!  We have a tendency to place our Heavenly Father on some sort of timetable and if He doesn't make it happen quickly, we're off to the doctor! I've heard the justification for combining faith with mainstream medicine in the basic statement that "G-d gave the doctors wisdom and we simply pray that HE guides their hands in surgery and provides the needed knowledge in the treatment plan . . ."  Then there's the tried and true rationalization for going for X rays, lab work, tests, and procedures . . . "so we know how to pray."

Apparently our society has programmed people to believe; although wisdom comes from our Creator, He needs test results to know how to guide the doctors.  Let that sink in for just a moment . . .

It is not easy to walk away from the sorcery of our society.  Pharmakeia is mainstream, but the Word of our Creator stands forever and He promised to keep us in health if we observe and obey His commands.  The Revelation is also very clear regarding the word "pharmakeia."  Although the term was translated "sorceries," the original is easily found and clearly recognizable as the root word of pharmacy and pharmaceuticals.  This is more than a matter of physical convenience, according to Scripture, it's a matter of faith with eternal consequence.
And the rest of the men which were not killed by these plagues yet repented not of the works of their hands, that they should not worship devils, and idols of gold, and silver, and brass, and stone, and of wood: which neither can see, nor hear, nor walk:  Neither repented they of their murders, nor of their sorceries, nor of their fornication, nor of their thefts.  Revelation 9:20-21

There is, of course, Good News and Instructions!

But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.  Isaiah 53:5

And said, If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of YHWH thy G-d, and wilt do that which is right in His sight, and wilt give ear to His commandments, and keep all His statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I am YHWH that healeth thee.  Exodus 15:26





1 comment: