Monday, October 7, 2013

The Rainbow is Already a Symbol

Having just read the Torah portion in which the rainbow first appeared, I'm not trying to argue against anyone else's personal perspective of "choice or no choice."  I understand what it is to not be accepted.  I understand what it is to be shunned for who I am, while others are embraced, and it is quite disheartening to watch.  I can tell you first hand what it feels like to have society think and affirm one thing, while the actual circumstances are not what others see.  Rejection and exclusion doesn't just happen to the LGBT community.   What we do about our feelings and inclinations is a choice.  What we do in response to rejection or acceptance is a choice.   To socially redefine right and wrong really isn't our choice.

The rainbow has significance for many of us.  It first appeared in Scripture between our Creator and Noah, the man reported to have built the ark.

http://endtimeheadlines.wordpress.com/2013/07/31/days-of-lot-betty-crocker-gets-on-gay-marriage-train/

Since this is offered to young boys, and gets to remain exclusive; why harass the Boy Scouts of America?
http://www.slate.com/blogs/behold/2013/07/15/_you_are_you_looks_at_a_gender_nonconforming_camp_for_boys_photos.html

What about the comfort level of the children who gender identify with their anatomy?
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/08/12/california-gov-brown-signs-transgender-student-bill/

And G-d said, This is the token of the covenant which I make between Me and you and every living creature that is with you, for perpetual generations:  I do set My bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between Me and the earth.  And it shall come to pass, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the bow shall be seen in the cloud:  And I will remember My covenant, which is between me and you and every living creature of all flesh; and the waters shall no more become a flood to destroy all flesh.  And the bow shall be in the cloud; and I will look upon it, that I may remember the everlasting covenant between G-d and every living creature of all flesh that is upon the earth.  Genesis 9:12-16

No comments:

Post a Comment